If you haven’t checked recently, or haven’t checked at all, it’s important for your financial health to know how you are doing regarding your credit score. For a good credit score, you need to always pay your on time and keep your utilization low. Practices like this can ensure a better credit history, which will help you be able to get better interest rates on different financial products when you apply for them. This is because financial institutions see your credit report when you apply for a product and then determine how trustworthy you are for that financial institution. This brings out another point: do not apply for a lot of financial products at the same time. Hard inquiries like this can make your credit score go down.
Your credit report usually includes:
- Personal information: your full name, date of birth, current and past addresses, Social Security Number and your employer’s information.
- Accounts: All of your accounts are listed here. Loans, credit cards, credit limits, loan amounts, payments and responsibility.
- Public records: Civil judgements, bankruptcies and tax liens.
- Payments information: all the information regarding your monthly payments.
- Debts: All your debts from all your accounts.
- Hard inquiries: As we said in this article, when you apply for a financial product, the financial institution will make a hard inquiry.
- Negative info: Charge offs, late payments, settled accounts, collections, etc.
All of this sounds pretty straightforward, but how can you see your credit report?
The three major credit bureaus are obligated by the federal law to give you a free copy of your credit report once a year. Take advantage of this perk, and use it every time you have the possibility. The issue comes after you get your free annual copy: you will need to pay a certain amount for each credit report you request from then until you get your free annual copy again.
At Crediverso, you can check your credit for free. You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Go to Crediverso’s website.
- Click on “Register” and fill out your information to create an account, or login if you already have an account.
- After you’ve finished creating your account, click check my credit.
- You will then be directed to the credit check section, where you will be able to find information about what a credit score is and what you will be getting for free by using Crediverso. You will also find a button that says “Check for free”, this is what you will want to click next.
- If you have not created an account yet, you will be asked to create an account to continue. You will only be asked to provide your email and a password with some simple requirements to keep your information safe.
- Then, you will be asked for some basic information including your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Lastly, you will choose security questions that will help Crediverso keep all of your information safe.
At this point, you will have access to your current credit score and you will be able to activate notifications. By activating this, Crediverso will let you know every time your credit score changes and will also let you know every time a new product comes out that can help you improve your credit score. Lastly, you will also be able to see all your information in both English and Spanish!